Has it ever occurred to you how much you are saying to people, even when they are talking about? Unless you are a master of disguise, he constantly sends messages about your true thoughts and feelings, either with words or not. Studies show that his words represent only 7% of message to convey. The remaining 93% is nonverbal. 55% of communication is based on what you see and the other 38% is transmitted through tone of voice. So think about it. In the business environment, people can see what is not saying. If your body language does not match your words, you're wasting your time.
Eye contact is the most obvious way we communicate. When you are looking for the person, you show interest. When you can not make eye contact, you give the impression that the other person does not matter. Maintain eye contact about 60% of the time to look interested but not aggressive. Facial expression is another form of nonverbal communication. A smile sends a positive message and is appropriate at all, but a life or death situation.
Smiling adds warmth and an aura of confidence. Others will be more receptive if you remember to check your expression. Your mouth gives clues, too, and not only when you are talking about. Mouth movements, like pursing lips or twisting to one side, may indicate that you are thinking about what you are hearing or is hiding something. The position of the head speaks to people. Under most conditions Energy Capital Partners London would agree. Keep your head straight, which is not the same as keeping your head on straight, will make you appear confident and authoritative.