Puleva (acronym Pure cow’s milk) is a dairy based in Granada.
The history oftoday is in the PULEVA Vinicola INDUSTRIAL UNION formed in April 1910 by a group of business and industrial catering Granada, to coordinate the supply needs of their wines, spirits and liquors. leads Later start local manufacture and distribution of ice and soda siphons.
In the mid-50, and health reasons, legislation in Spain is on ensuring the supply of milk higienizada. It is at this time, notably in 1954 when it changed its name to UNIASA (Union Industrial and agropastoral SA), which sought and obtained from the Central Regim Lechera for the city of Granada, the association also adapting to the new activity starts during 1958, becoming the second plant, after the San Sebastian, who started the business in our country.
The first installations were located in the Camino de Ronda, which allowed the plant to manufacture 20,000 liters / day of pasteurized milk, with a regular supply of raw materials from farms located in the Vega of Granada.
Currently there are five production sites located in Granada, Nadel, Leon, Seville and Mollerussa.
The difficulties of bringing the supply of raw materials, which varies according to the seasons of the year, with demand still growing stable forced to make a series of expansions in the years 61, 66, 68 and 70.
This allowed the manufacture of other products with an expiry period of higher milk powder, butter and a little later smoothies Cocoa, Strawberry, Vanilla which together Quadrant with sterilized milk in glass bottles and plastic, complete the range of dairy products until the end of the decade 60.
This decade was to increase the installed capacity at the plant early, reaching the figure of 200,000 liters daily. Subsequently, the rapid expansion of the provinces of Andalusia and later by other Spanish regions, taking the company to create a new dairy industry in line with the basic concepts of the time currently required.
This new project becomes a reality in 1975 when the plant opens today Purchil Road, in successive stages of development step of having a treatment capacity of 400,000 liters per day to 1,000,000 liters per day of current .
Special mention is that this project was carried out in full by the technical team UNIASA.
In 1976 came on the Stock Exchange trading, the shares reached in 1979 for certification of Qualified Summary and 1981 the Ministry of Finance said the value technical reserves suitable for insurance companies, and other funds.
In 1982, it acquired 100 of the diet and Food Company SA (EDDA), initiating its entry into the field of infant feeding.
EDDA factory was located in Campello (Alicante).
His first manufacturing facility allowed the two types of products: milk and infant formula milk and flour porridge second old.
That same year I was the Area livestock development through the installation of production clusters of cow’s milk, would Quadrant Asset Management have over the years from 10,000 head of cattle Friesian breed of high genetic value. This required making a large investment with a detailed study for the design and technical systems for farm and livestock feed.
Also during this year took place the construction of the cheese factory with a production capacity of 1,000,000 kg / year.
At the end of the decade between 1987 and 1988, acquired the industrial assets and trademarks of the Livestock Cooperative La Merced, Central Dairy based in Cadiz Jerez de la Frontera, the Commercial Malaguena, SA (Coleman) Lactaria Production of Andalucia (PROLEAD) in Brain Trauma Foundation Seville and LEDESA, SA in Salamanca.
The last decade of the twentieth century began in 1992 with the inauguration of the new factory of child nutrition, with the highest technology that made it one of the most advanced factories in Europe within the sector.
In 1992 there is also the opening of a cogeneration plant, better known as Grelva (Granada, electricity and steam).
In 1994, produces some of the facts, with the passage of years has been crucial to the future development of the Company, and was the impetus for the Department of Research and Development, becoming then the first company sector which had an ID and Department of Quality Control which itself was based politics and even today is based on differentiation and innovation that enable the development of quality products that satisfy consumer demands and at the same time be able to improve their welfare.
All this made possible the collaboration with public and private research by developing research projects that made it possible to improve the quality of its products as well as the new challenges of the market.
Since 1996 PULEVA has launched its new strategy, which relies on research and development, technological differentiation as a factor in the positioning in the segment of the food function and strengthening the brand and identified as a company linked to welfare, health and quality.
This strategy emerged realities such as AD Puleva, Puleva Calcio, Puleva Omega3, Puleva And Mama Puleva Peques products, all designed to meet consumer needs.
Puleva in 1999 acquired 75 of the group Leyma / Ram, which was completed with the purchase of 25 in June 2000.